Is your company’s marketing team still copying and pasting strings of code from content systems into Microsoft Word or Excel files to send for translation? If so, it’s time to leave 1999 behind. Because the days of highly inefficient, manual file transfer are gone.
To compete globally, you need to automate and streamline multilingual translation workflows. How? By integrating your content management system (CMS) and your provider’s translation management system (TMS)—with a robust CMS integration solution.
You’ll benefit in several ways.1 Here are some of the most important reasons to integrate:
1) Simplify translation management and increase control with automated workflows
- Connector-based integration software automates source- and target-language file transfers—to and from your translation partner’s TMS.
- You can easily manage translation workflows from a familiar UI that’s served up within your CMS or other content system.2
- Monitor projects through a series of dashboards to track the status of any translation request, in any language, at any time during the process.
- When your translated content is ready, it’s automatically reimported into the proper location within your CMS—where you can choose to review, revise, reject, or publish your content.
- Streamline content updates across multiple languages, channels, and platforms.
2) Eliminate manual processes to boost efficiencies, reduce costs, and minimize errors
- By integrating and automating, you avoid labor-intensive, error-prone processes that increase costs and complicate translation management.
- Save time and speed project turnaround times. You can forget about painstakingly copying and pasting countless content strings from your CMS into Word or Excel files—to be emailed or sent by FTP to your translation vendor.
- Enable your translation partner to more quickly and efficiently translate your content by avoiding the same copying, pasting, and emailing processes.
- And save even more time by eliminating the laborious task of copying and pasting the translated content strings—for every asset and target language. (All of which would have had to be reassembled in your CMS for review, revision, approval, and publishing.)
3) Speed content time-to-market and reduce translation production costs
- According to statistical averages provided by Clay Tablet Technologies3, CMS integration solutions can speed time-to-market of translated content by up to 70%. (When compared with manual copy/paste and file transfer processes.)
- Automating with connector technology was also found to reduce translation production costs by up to 40% vs. manual workflows.
4) Ensure translation quality and local-market messaging intent—with in-context content previews
- The ability to preview target-language content in context makes it easier to ensure translation quality.
- It also helps in-country reviewers to more effectively assess locale-specific messaging intent and accuracy, language authenticity—and the integrity of design elements. (For evaluating cultural appropriateness.)
- Previewing sentences, headlines, and other text elements in their intended page and design layouts, helps language professionals to fine-tune translations to “final-quality” levels.
- The process also helps ensure consistent brand messaging, relevant local-market content, and quality customer experiences.
5) Amplify messaging and boost engagement by publishing simultaneously across global markets
- Highly optimized, automated workflows enable your marketing team and your translation partner’s translators to work in parallel. So you can strengthen messaging impact by publishing content concurrently—across multiple locales, languages, and channels.
- You can also increase customer engagement by extending your messaging’s reach to more global markets, customers, and prospects.
6) Work with any technology and any translation provider you choose—with true platform neutrality
- Global marketing teams like yours rely on a complex and diverse set of technologies. But because the industry’s most robust CMS integration solutions are platform-neutral and highly flexible, you can connect with any content system or marketing platform. Which means you can easily integrate with your entire “tech stack.”
- And you can continue working with your current translation provider or with virtually any other provider—regardless of translation management environment. So you may choose to centralize with a single provider (for the added value and reliability of an end-to-end solution) or to engage the services of multiple providers.
7) Add workflow automation to your current content management system
- Get more value from the content system you’re already comfortable working with. With highly flexible CMS integration solutions you can connect your current system to your translation partner’s TMS to benefit from automated translation workflows.
- So you can extend system functionality while avoiding the costs of installing, learning, managing, and maintaining a new content management platform.
More about CMS integration solutions
It’s time to leave manual processes behind. Automate with best-in-class, connector-based solutions to save time, speed content to market, reduce costs and errors—and help drive global revenue streams.
1 This content describes the industry’s best-in-class CMS integration technologies. Specific features, functionalities, and benefits will vary by vendor.
2 Includes product information management systems (PIM), marketing automation systems, and digital asset management systems (DAM).
3 Lionbridge connector-based, CMS integration solutions are based on Clay Tablet Technologies. Lionbridge Technologies is the parent company of Clay Tablet Technologies.